Saturday, February 11, 2012

Valentine's Day Quotes: Day 1

It's true; I love quotes.  I love reading them, hearing them, writing them down, and collecting them.  I love to think about them and what they mean, and see if they apply to my own life.  Unlike most people who only search for quotes in books they read I collect quotes from just about everywhere - yes, books, but also magazines, TV, films, conversations (both those I'm involved in and those I "overhear") - quotes both from "famous" people and, well, those who aren't so well known.  So in honor of Valentine's Day I decided for the next several days I will post at least one of the quotes from my personal collection - of course love or relationship inspired - for you all to enjoy, share, and discuss.  So my first one in this tradition is:

"We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love.  It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person."

What do you think?  True?  False?  Applicable to yourself or someone you know?

I'm curious to hear your thoughts!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Both true and wise.

    There's no attribution - who said this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely true. Is it any wonder so many marriages end in divorce? (Sorry for the V-Dday downer, but anyway). People don't seem to anticipate that each of them will change, and they should prepare themselves to roll with it - to a reasonable extent, at any rate.

    -Nic
    randomstuffwelike.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete